Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sophie and Olivia visted for the first time today

Today is Bill's 23rd day at the ICU. After thinking and talking with others about the pros and cons of Sophie (7) and Olivia (5) visiting him at the hospital, I took the plunge. They wore masks and gloves just to make sure not to pass on any germs to their dad.

Bill smiled upon seeing them but could not sustain attention on them. His eyes moved away after a few seconds. Sophie and Olivia were intimidated and afraid, although they were told in advance about their dad's physical appearance (tubes, needles, the blackened fingers..). Olivia clung to me and cried while Sophie put on a brave face, saying that she was happy because he was going to get better.. Olivia cried throughout the day. She was able to say that she was sad whenever she thought about daddy.

I do not know if they will want to visit again any time soon.

I managed to convince them to give up their three rats and a guinea pig. It broke my heart to do it and I found myself saying over and over that it is for the best..

BTW, does anybody want to adopt adorable rats and guinea pig??

Kris

1 comment:

  1. According to Bill, the rats are very intelligent and they know their names :)

    ReplyDelete