Saturday, February 19, 2011

Low tech idea

I am off to find some mittens for Bill, but I had an idea. His hands are cold because he can't get blood there. We don't want him to lose more of his fingers. I have something similar and without external heat, I can't get my fingers warm. I will put my idea, Abby-like, as a picture. He will either like the feeling or not. I am back home (Bay Area) so someone will have to ask the nurse or stop by Rite-Aide. (Maybe its good to ask the nurse or doctor.)

2 comments:

  1. Bill,
    I think your idea of warm packs conveyed in the picture was tried in the ICU on Bill with mixed results--it warmed his fingers very well but it would fall off of his hands whenever he moved his hands. Because he can't grab the warm packs with his fingers or squeeze them they would slide off.

    Gloves are less effective but they probably would stay on his hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the warm hot water bottle idea sounded ideal - then I realized it might be too heavy on Bill's lap

    ReplyDelete