Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday Visit - Prinzmetal

I spent much of Friday with Bill, but Abby had done a day and 1/2 without rest as Bill didn't sleep much Thursday night. Abby was going on two days when I left. My observations are compared to last week.

Bill is breathing on his own (which he wasn't last week). He only had a feeding tube. His Raynaud's disease (purple bloated finger tips) is greatly reduced. He seemed to have more time where he was aware of what was going on around him. Both times, he recognized me and even smiled at some of my jokes.

There were two highlights of the day. We skyped with Eve Isham in Davis. I think that he was pretty amazed and happy at that. (Although I didn't know where is reading glasses were and I do not know how clearly he saw the screen).

The speech therapist came in and tried sips of water and ice. He swallowed a few times, and after one swallow, spoke weakly but quite clearly.

The speech therapist said he could have bits of ice, while sitting up of course. Make sure he swallows Encourage him to swallow. She said he could also have small puts of sugar free popsicle. Abby and Kris will have instructions, I am sure.

We spent most of time time listening to music and me talking about old times, Egypt, ...

Bill Prinzmetal

No comments:

Post a Comment