Saturday, April 2, 2011

Will follow up on the experimental clinical trials!

I read the posts from Eve and Janet and did some looking into it myself. I will definitely make a call first thing Monday morning. My two biggest concerns: 1. Bill's condition maybe too advanced for them to consider for inclusion. 2. Bill may not have the time to wait for a year or so that it takes to go from initial contact to actual drug/procedure trial (they have to run quite a bit of tests first). But it is worth looking into.

I am so glad Bill had the clarity to think of this possibility. Last December he had an appointment with UCLA scleroderma center but cancelled it when his Kaiser doctor confidently told him that he was making progress. Makes me feel a bit sick to think about this missed opportunity...

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment