Thursday, April 14, 2011


Betsy here. I am amazed at Janet’s translation and understanding of  cardiologist’s notes –  thanks to Kris’ stealth.  I am touched by your care and concern, Janet.  Thank you. 
I asked the surgeon, Hal Kent, I work with in GA to give me with a “cut to the chase”  medical translation of the notes. Hal’s comments are redundant to Janet’s, but I thought I’d add his medical conclusion about the information:  
“Some of the bottom line is that they don’t think he’s a good candidate for a pacemaker and they want to treat his heart block by manipulating the drugs that might contribute to the heart block.”
 “Of course there are the phrases of “overall poor prognosis” due to his scleroderma and “complicated hospital course”. As I’m sure you can discern, these are not encouraging phrases. I’m not sure what your brother’s wishes or philosophies might be, but there are a number of fairly aggressive things being done currently and it sounds like the likelihood of a good recovery/return to a good quality of life isn’t great.”
                 “Sorry he’s so sick. Let me know if you have any further questions.”
               I was encouraged to hear that Bill was being aggressively treated.  And, of course, what Bill is experiencing is heart-breaking.  Betsy






Betsy Ryland, Ph.D
Psychologist

No comments:

Post a Comment