Friday, January 28, 2011

Thurday Visit Eve Isham and Bill Prinzmetal

Eve Isham and I visited Bill yesterday. I definitely know that he recognized Eve when she walked in. His eyes lite up and he followed her with his eyes. Bill always had most excellent taste in women. For part of the day he was responsive, and he even tried to laugh at on of my jokes. I said, "Bill, you are just listening and later you are going to say, 'Prinzmetal, how could you say such a stupid things!" ' Do you know that grim has just before he laughs? Some of the rest of the afternoon he was less responsive, but then the doctor came and told gave him verbal commands (look left, look right) we was spot on. He could answer questions with nobs.

I was one of Bill's first graduate students, more than 40 years ago and Eve was his most recent. We both care for him with our own passion.

It is heart breaking to see Bill with less of the vigor that I have know him with for more than 40 years. He is surrounded by wonderful people, Kris, Arlene, Abby, and everyone from Pomona.
Bill Prinzmetal

1 comment:

  1. I am hopeful that Bill will come out of this okay. Despite being sedated, he was able to make small responses (moving his lips or eyes), indicating he knew we were there and talking to him. As others have mentioned here, visits from friends and family cheer him up. I'm glad he's loved by so many.

    ReplyDelete